Sunday, October 4, 2009

and so it begins...

It seems that I have received an awe-inspiring amount of support, and I thank each and every one of you for taking the time to read my words. While it may seem peculiar to some to share such an intimate story on the web, I have found this to be the most therapeutic journey.

I truly believe that everyone has a story to tell some more alluring than others, and to be honest I have no idea where my own narrative belongs, but what I do know is this:

Since I was an adolescent I have often dreamed of writing. Words to paper have forever been a creative outlet for me, and it seems I have endless notebooks of scribbles. I have vowed that someday I would create a work of art and I would publish it for all the world to enjoy… being someone often afraid of failure I am not certain that I will ever put that pen to paper, so I have decided to share my story this way: via a blog.

I hope that for those of you who take the time to read it you laugh and perhaps choke back a tear or two. It’s an interesting story of young marriage, love affairs, divorce, addiction, and happily-ever-after. It’s my story… a journey through some of the greatest moments of my life, and some of the most difficult.

Perhaps you’re a friend interested in the background, or a stranger just dropping by to take a peak; either way, whoever you are, I hope you find something in my tale. I hope that by telling my own account of what has occurred during my endless search for peace you can search within yourselves to find your own answers.

I will apologize upfront as my story, rather my blog entries, will jump around… looking back, dreaming in fast forward, and living in the present. I hope at some point it all makes sense and the story unfolds before your eyes.

At 29 I had no idea what to expect in divorce, I wasn’t from a broken home, and divorce was a stranger… I’ll bounce back… I promise you that.

Please enjoy and please pray for my family and me as we embark on our new journey and pick up the pieces…

No comments:

Post a Comment